It is difficult to imagine the modern iron and steel industry without aluminum flux: why is that?
If fresh or dumped slags are processed in secondary aluminum production, which includes crushing, sieving, drying and packaging, a powdered aluminum flux is formed.
NPP PromBriket produces aluminum flux briquettes and carries out deliveries in the entire territory of Ukraine and neighbouring countries. Ready-made briquettes can be ordered or purchased in Dnepr.
Since a substance has a different function in metallurgy, it is used in different situations for specific purposes:
- as a fluidizing agent in steel-making structures instead of fluorspar or together with it;
- to prevent the formation of metal buildup on the inner surface of hot metal ladles;
- when liquid cast iron is transported from blast furnaces to consumers, from mixer departments to an open-hearth furnace, its surface should be jacketed for warmth-keeping, as is the case with aluminum flux.
Aluminum flux is an excellent deoxidizing and exothermic agent for “cold” type melting and is used instead of an addition agent for ferro-alloys.
In the desulfurization of metals, the substance is a part of the solid mold powder (SMP) as a deoxidizing and insulating additive.
Aluminum flux is an excellent reagent that is added to “ladle furnaces” in electric-furnace melting shops (EFMS) to improve aluminum recovery during steel desulfurization.
The substance fraction has a silver color of 10.00 mm to 40.00 mm. It is packed in polyethylene bags weighing 50 kg, or pressed into briquettes.
The main characteristics of aluminum flux fraction 10-40 mm:
- complies with GOST 1639-93;
- metallic aluminum content – 10% to 16%;
- contains 30% to 40% Al₂O₃ and approx. 4.1% K₂O + Na₂O.
The product is packed in big-bags (1 ton weight) to ensure high ecological cleanness and technological culture, which is convenient both for transportation and for practical use.